Tuesday 15 March 2011

A winter's day at the park

As I was walking to the park with my family, my feet felt like they were about to drop off. The only reason we were going to the park was because every day of our holiday we had been stuck in and today my mum finally decided to get us out of the house. All the way there, I could feel the ice cold wind rushed around me like a tornado.

When we reached the park, the trees had long icicles hanging off them, just like claws ready to reach out and grab you. My brother and I raced to the play area. I slipped. I laughed and got back up before running to catch him.

When we were on the park we played on everything; it was the most fun I’d had in ages. Me and my sister ran straight to the slippy silver slide and went down it at least ten times or more. From the top of the slide I could see the grass was not grass, it was like a blanket of frost with three clawed footprints leading to a fallen nest.

Eventually, Lucy-Leigh moaned that she was starving to death so mum gave in and decided to start walking back. It was so cold it was like I had just been sat in a freezer for an hour. My lips, fingertips and nose had begun to turn as blue as the shimmering lake.

When we arrived at the front door we were greeted by the dog licking us and the warmth of the radiator reaching our freezing skin.

3 comments:

  1. I am really impressed with the description you have used in this recount Lochlan. You have used some wonderful similies and powerful verbs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really enjoyed reading this excellent piece of descriptive writing. I look forward to your next post Lochlan.

    ReplyDelete