Wednesday 16 March 2011

World Book Day

Kent's goes mad with books

Children of St.Kentigern's have shown their inner person, by exploring the world of books, and have experienced many of new chapters in life using books.

The children from St. Kentigern's celebrated the wonderful imaginary world that is ........... BOOKS!!!

As the kids ran wild in pretty pink tu-tus and Spider man costumes holding their favorite book, things just started too get a little too wild, when we had the whole of Alice and wonderland cast as ......the teachers! With Mr Willis dressed as mad hatter and Miss Stocks dressed as Alice and Mrs Irvin dressed as the rabbit.

Later we had the children judged based on effort of their costumes.
Winners:
YR-Luke as Mr Happy
Y1-Megan as Dora
Y2-Erin as Little red
y3-Nicolas as tin man
Y4-Giuseppe as Where's Wally
Y5-Caitlin as Roofus Skulpskin O'Parsly
Y6-Lauren as The white witch from Narnia.

As all the kids ran wild Annabel Slater was here to answer my question. The question was: 'What was it like to experience the wonderful history of books?' She replied “It was magical and had a big impact on my education, but some books weren't as good as others”. Then Supriya and Adona explained her costume (Minnie mouse) had inspired them since they were little.

The magical day was like being in Disney land. It gave the children an opportunity to have the light shine on them, and show what they really are like.

We are proud to have them at our school.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful article Mollie.

    What is your favourite book? Perhaps we could review our favourite books on our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had a very exciting day. I love books. Who's your favorite author Mollie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mollie I love what you have written please can you help me write like that? These are my favorite things about your writing...The children from St. Kentigern's celebrated the wonderful imaginary world that is ........... BOOKS!!!
    and
    We are proud to have them at our school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite book is the graveyard book and Ottoline goes to school. I love these books because they are imaginative ,cool, exciting and extraordinary. These books make me feel alive and they make a very vivid picture in your mind . What are your favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also enjoyed the graveyard book. I have read most of Neil Gaiman's books, he is one of my favourite authors. I particularly enjoy the fantasy worlds and interesting characters that Mr Gaiman creates.

    ReplyDelete